Care & Maintenance
Here are some tips to keep your rugs looking good as new.
Flat, low-pile and medium-pile rugs:
We recommend vacuuming regularly, with your vacuum cleaner on the lightest setting.
Vacuum the full length of the rug, turn and repeat to the next area, rather than going across the rug in a back and forth motion. Try to avoid dragging your vacuum across the edges of the rug.
If your vacuum cleaner has these functions, disabling the rolling brush or using a handheld attachment will help to preserve your rug.
High pile or shag rugs:
The above tips also apply to high pile rugs. In addition to regular vacuuming, you may wish to occasionally take your rug outside and give it a good shake to clear out any dust.
Please wash your rug separately with cold water, and do not use laundry detergent. Hang dry after washing.
Lorena Canals Washable Rugs:
Machine wash separately using a delicate, 30ºC program.
- Mini and Small rugs can be washed in a 6kg-capacity washing machine. Medium rugs can be washed in an 8kg-capacity washing machine.
- Use a mild detergent, and do not use softeners or bleach.
- Select a low spin speed if the rug has braids, fringes or pom-poms. Do not leave the wet rug in the washer, as colours may run or stain.
- Tumble dry at low temperature. Avoid drying for too long in direct sunlight.
- Don't worry if lint appears, as these are residue fibres produced from cutting the cotton.
- Should you find any long or loose threads, cut these using a pair of scissors. Never pull a thread.